After graduating from Johns Hopkins University, where I earned my degree in secondary education and captained the Blue Jays lacrosse team, I began my professional career at Severn School (Severna Park, MD). My journey was just beginning, as I subsequently enjoyed rewarding experiences at Sewickley Academy (Sewickley, PA), Wroxeter-On-Severn School (Arnold, MD), Annapolis Country Day School (Annapolis, MD), Landon School (Bethesda, MD), La Lumiere School (La Porte, IN), Montclair Kimberley Academy (Montclair, NJ), the United States Naval Academy (Annapolis, MD), Boys’ Latin School of MD (Baltimore, MD), and Jemicy School (Owings Mills, MD).
In my various roles as a teacher, coach, administrator, headmaster, counselor, management consultant, and motivational speaker, my primary focus has always been on energizing the human spirit, encouraging individuals to be the best they can be.
Some notable achievements include:
- Recipient of the Boys’ Latin School Alumni Cup for Leadership Based on Character
- The founding headmaster of an independent school
- Designed an innovative curriculum that raised expectations and improved performance
- Member, Severn School Athletic Hall of Fame
- Recipient of Phi Gamma Delta’s Newton D. Baker Award for Outstanding Service
- Recipient of seven Coach-of-the-Year Awards
- Founder and Director of The Excellence Quest Foundation, Inc.
- Member, Boys’ Latin School Athletic Hall of Fame
- Created a unique college counseling program that promotes a larger understanding of self
- Impacted countless individuals’ lives with inspiring talks and motivational counseling
My wife Betty and I are proud parents of four happy and highly successful adult children and equally proud grandparents of ten talented, beautiful grandchildren.
“I never knew a man who was good at making excuses who was good at anything else.” – Benjamin Franklin